Welcome to the Birkbeck Research Into Developmental GEnomics (BRIDGE) lab website.
The BRIDGE lab is a new molecular biology facility for genomic research, and is part of the Department of Psychological Sciences at Birkbeck.
The lab is designed to provide the following resources for Birkbeck researchers and collaborators
- Biobanking facilities for the long-term storage of human DNA and RNA samples
- Equipment and expertise for the extraction of DNA and RNA material from buccal, saliva and whole blood samples
- Quantification of DNA and RNA samples
- Low-throughput genotyping
- Preparation of DNA and RNA samples for high-resolution genomic experiments (e.g., DNA microarrays and sequencing libraries)